Switchmode uses a Return Material Authorisation (R.M.A.) numbering system for referencing and tracing your equipment. Before sending your equipment to us please call for an R.M.A. and include it on all packaging and paperwork.
Repair estimates can be provided over the telephone on most makes and models of power supply. These are a guide only. Please have the name of the power supply manufacturer, the model number and part number (if available) when you call.
- A Quotation fee is charged for generating a fixed quotation for repair. Our Quotation Fee Schedule can be provided on request.
- The Quotation covers our preliminary inspection and pre-testing of the equipment, the identification of suspected faulty components, the cost and availability of replacement parts that are required and the estimation of the hours required to repair and test.
- Quotations are valid for 30 days and, when accepted, the quotation fee is absorbed into the repair cost. The quotation fee is only charged when the customer decides not to proceed with the repair.
- Where power supplies of identical models are submitted for quotation the quotation fee is reduced on a sliding scale as batching enables more efficient repair.
Switchmode provides a three tier priority service:
- Standard service - 10 day turnaround.
- Standard Plus service - 4 day turnaround and incurs a 25% surcharge.
- Emergency service - 24 hour turnaround. Repairs commence immediately upon receipt of the unit and incurs a 50% surcharge
Should the repairs on Standard Plus or Emergency service prove impractical to complete within the requested time frame, immediate notice is given and premium fees will not apply.
1 year warranty is provided on workmanship and materials replaced from the date of invoice. Warranty is subject to full soak testing that may not be practical with Emergency repairs. Customer induced failures such as incorrect connection, physical damage to the unit, tampering and misuse are not covered under warranty.
NO SYMPTOM APPARENT
For equipment received with No Symptom Apparent, in addition to the quote fee, there may be a test fee to allow sufficient time to identify intermittent faults and allow for thorough operational and soak testing.
If you have a preferred courier- please provide us with the courier name and account number. Alternatively, goods will be returned via a courier nominated by Switchmode.
ref important information-x
Switchmode Power Supplies Pty Ltd
U1 37 Leighton Place
|Phone:||02 9476 0300|
|Fax:||02 9476 0479|